- Full support for Steam Deck.
- Creatures will train 70% faster.
- AI will not throw healing and other potions at allies anymore.
- Added a separate command for removing torches and other wall furniture, “remove construction” will now only remove the “middle layer” furniture, such as training dummies.
- The “enemy aggression” difficulty setting will now also affect the aggression of Z-level enemies.
- Starting biome will now be chosen randomly by default.
- Rebalanced distribution and aggression of Z-level enemies to that they pose more of a challenge.
- Animal pens can now be built outdoors.
- Added custom wall reinforcement sprites for dwarves and necromancer factions.
- Added custom library and training dummy sprites for the necromancer.
- Added custom floors and training dummy sprites for dwarves.
- Added custom throne, library and training dummy sprites for the white knight faction.
- Full support for the Steam Deck console, including comfortable use of buttons and trackpads to navigate menus and control the game.
- New main menu graphics made with the help of the Midjourney bot.
- Reworked the mod menu.
- Turn-based mode map highlight and navigation paths will hide when the player moves until the mouse cursor is moved again.
- Fixed various issues with the “loading” dialog, made the “cancel” button actually work when downloading or uploading files or data.
- Map selection will now always select rectangles instead of single tiles.
- Removing map selection is done by starting the selection at an already selected tile, instead of holding the “ctrl” key.
- Reworked the “choose number” menu (for example when changing item count in the workshop menu).
- The “keeper is in danger” warning will now block the UI.
- Merged ransom demand dialog with attack information window.
- Moved all minion page actions, such as controlling or switching activity of a minion to the top of the page to improve clarity.
- It’s now possible to travel across Z-levels in other dungeons in the turn-based mode using the Z-level menu.
- Made it possible to navigate various menus such as world map, team leader choice and campaign setup, using keyboard arrows.
- Made various small improvements to the Z-level menu.
- Made team member icons smaller in the turn-based mode.
- All build menu items must now be in groups.
- Added a command line tool to generate an example z-level lineup and average enemy attack probabilities.
- General optimizations in various gameplay processing code.
- Optimized handling of large item stacks.
- The game will not crash if item stacks contain more than 2^16 items. (not that shown item counts will be wrong though as they will “wrap”)
- Multiple FPS optimizations in AI code.
- Fixed an FPS issue caused by an NPC holding a potion of amok.
- Fixed a possibility to circumvent furniture limits such as throne, stone statues, etc.
- Made the game run more smoothly at given FPS by limiting single gameplay ticks to 20ms.
- Fixed an FPS issue caused by creates trying to pathfinding to different maps.
- Fixed start menu crash after deactivating a mod that adds a new sprite.
- Fixed a retirement crash related to steeds.
- Optimized the “show all messages” window.
- The game will stop loading sprites from old, incompatible mods.
Other items in this section