Alpha 23 change log
- Endless game mode: no conquest objective, recurring enemy waves,
survive as long as possible.
- Mana is awarded only for conquest or defeating enemy waves in the
‘endless’ mode. (Except optionally in the ‘free play’ mode, where
you can enable mana generation in the library.
- ‘Crafting’ tech is acquired by default.
- Added spell damage and ranged damage attributes.
- Added ‘magic missile’ spell which deals damage based on creature’s
spell damage attribute.
- Removed strength, dexterity, and accuracy attributes.
- Removed missed attacks.
- Removed backstabbing (while invisible, opponent blind, etc).
- Removed minimal strength requirement for some weapons.
- Removed projectile items, ranged weapons have infinite ammo.
- Added 3 experience types: melee, spell, and ranged.
- Melee training in training room, spell in library, ranged in archery
- Fixed upper limits for each kind of experience for every creature.
- Added 3 library tiers: wooden, iron and gold with increasing
- New spells are learned at specific spell experience levels.
- Added ‘Heal other’, ‘Summon elemental’ spell.
- Available minion tasks based on skills and traits, and not
- Imp morale affects their speed. Imps can be whipped.
- Bleeding only as an effect of some weapons and after limbs are cut
- Creature attributes don’t decrease when low on health.
- Combat more deterministic and slower.
- New formula for gaining experience from combat.
- Added vulnerability and resistance effects for each damage type,
acquired via rings, potions or intrinsically by some creatures.
- Minion statues and throne cost mana, Demon shrines consume gold,
portal consume stones, and eyeball consumes wood.
- Imps and potions cost gold.
- Removed first-aid-kits except for the adventurer.
- Vampire lord wakes up hostile!
- AI doesn’t panic so easily when wounded.
- Only imps can whip
- Prisoner execution at a gallows construction.
- Full control mode where you control every creature on the team.
- Shared visibility between all minions and eyeballs.
- Vultures much less common.
- Made giant spider webs invisible.
- Dragons cast spells.
- Tweaked how courage and morale works on panic during combat.
- Made AI make better use of circular blast.
- Tweaked cost of navigating around friendly creatures in pathfinding.
- Fixed handling of simultaneous elf and night visions.
- Reimplemented elf and night visions as effects: now available
through rings and inherited by doppleganger.
- Reimplemented sunlight vulnerability as an effect.
- Added magical weapons, which use creature’s spell damage attribute.
- Demon Den, Unicorns villains.
- AI will try to break choke points by digging or destroying walls.
- Added ‘destroy walls’ scroll to some enemies in endless mode.
- New demon shrine and throne sprites.
- Silver elven bow artifact.
- ‘Alchemical conversion’ tech which allows changing gold into other
resources, and iron into gold.
- Artifact potion that regenerates all limbs.
- Ants and dwarves can dig through walls when attacking. (but not
through reinforced walls)
- All enemies dig through any walls if the Keeper is completely cut
- Health regenerating ring and mushroom, intrinsic regeneration for
- Potion of telepathy, and melee resistance.
- Ring of magic resistance.
- Allow naming individual items.
- Minion morale is no longer maxed-out when in a team commanded by the
- Added “satiated” effect that prevents minions from eating and
improves morale and defense.
- Added “rested” effect that prevents minions from going to sleep and
improves morale and defense.
- Added rings of wakefulness and satiety.
- Keeper is allowed to sleep.
- Removed ‘stun ray’ spell.
- Decrease production time of steel and steel goods.
- Redefined civilians and fighters in enemy villages.
- Dogs can no longer be leaders of villages.
- Big optimizations of rendering code.
- Added health bars.
- All villains visible in the ‘villains’ tab.
- Animations for some offensive spells.
- Nicer map object hints with more information.
- Nicer minimap when fully extended.
- Removed tooltips for items on the right side of workshop window.
- Optimized splash screen.
- Improved item counts display in workshops UI.
- Excluded bogus outdoor tiles from some caves territories.
- Fixed crash involving items destroying themselves.
- Fixed throne unicode symbol.
- Fixed crashes when trying to load some incompatible save files.
- Fixed a few retirement crashes.
- Fixed messages for dying from fire, silver, acid and poison gas
- Fixed deadlock when game window is closed during world generation.
- Fixed issues with locating pigs in pigsty.
- Fixed various small issues in pathfinding.
Other items in this section