Alpha 26 has introduced new modding support. Download the zip files and copy them to your “KeeperRL\data_free” folder. To apply a mod, unzip it to “data_free” folder and replace any existing mod files that are already there. Restart KeeperRL for good measure. Leave the zip files in that “data_free”, so you can switch to any desired mod whenever you want to, just by extracting the zip file.
Above: What it might look like unzipping in Windows.
Below: What the extract window might look like. Note: Do NOT extract to a new folder. Extract to “data_free” and overwrite.
1) Locate your game_config folder for KeeperlRL. For example, this folder may be here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KeeperRL\data_free\game_config
2) Edit the text files inside the game config folder to get the mod that you want. Look at the modding guide to help you.
3) Zip up you game_config folder
4) Rename the new zip file to something that represents your mod. eg. “DwarvenKeepers26.zip”
5) Upload your zip file to google drive or other file hosting service
6) Get a link for your zip file
7) Edit this page, and insert the link to your zip file in the “Download mods for Alpha 26” section
Other items in this section